Like every country, New Zealand has its differences, attractions, and much more that make the country unique.
- New Zealanders are one of the few people in the world, that honor two national anthems – “God defend New Zealand“ and the British “God save the Queen”.
- The place with the longest name in the world is in New Zealand. It is a hill located on the North Island and its’ name is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu.
- Famous director Peter Jackson recorded his trilogy Lord of the Rings here. The measurable contribution to the local economy was over $ 200 million. The Lord of the ring Ministry was established to be able to make much money as possible.
- In Dunedin on the South Island, there is the Baldwin Street with a 38-degree slope, the steepest street in the world.
- Auckland has the largest number of ships in the world.
- No matter where you go in this country, you'll never be more than 128 km from the sea.
- New Zealand is home to the first commercial bungee jumping in the world. Specifically, it was built near of Queenstown at the Kawarau Bridge Bungee.
- 94 percent of the prisoners in New Zealand are men.
- New Zealand produces 100kg butter and 65kg of cheese per person per year.
- It is forbidden for Television to run ads on important holidays.
- Auckland is the largest Polynesian city.
- Wellington is the southernmost capital city in the world.
- In Invercargill, you can have lunch at the southernmost McDonald's in the world.
- Sir Edmund Hillary, the first mountaineer to conquer Mount Everest, was born in Auckland and is immortalized on New Zealand's five dollars.
- There is only one original mammal on the islands and that is a bat. Everything else was brought here by Maori and Europeans.
- There are the most penguin species in the world living in Zealand, and the smallest species of dolphins.
- New Zealand was home to the Moa bird. This non-flying giant grew to over three and a half feet and weighed over two hundred kilograms.
- New Zealand has no poisonous animal with only one small exception, the Katipo spider.
New Zealand Anthem - God Defend New Zealand
British Anthem - God save the queen
For more interesting information on history and culture, read the New Zealand articles category.
But you can be sure that the greatest attractions and pieces of information you will find on your own. It will give you a different point of view, enrich your knowledge and spice your everyday travel life.